Chicken, Cheese, and Squash Roulade
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutesYield: 4 servings
- 4 4-6oz chicken breasts
- 4oz Chevre goat cheese
- 2oz Witt’s Basil Thyme Squash
- 1oz softened butter
- 1 white onion
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Lay each chicken breast on your cutting board and slice horizontally, leaving an approximately ½ in. piece keeping them connected. Then open them up and begin filling them.
- Evenly distribute the cheese across the breasts, spreading it over them but leaving about ½ in. at the thinner end clear. Then lay the squash evenly over the cheese. Season this side with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken in on itself to form the roulade, being sure to keep it tight but not squeezing out the chevre. Then tie with string, evenly spacing the ties 1-2in. apart. Season the rolls with salt and pepper, top with the butter and place on an oven rack.
- Thinly slice the onion and scatter over a baking sheet or dish, then place the rack with the chicken on top. Place in the middle of the preheated oven, close the door, and lower the setting to 300F.
- After 30 minutes, check for doneness (165F in the center, juices should run clear) and when done, rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing and serving on top of the browned onions.