Provencal Style Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 30 minutesCooking Time: 15 minutes Yield: 4-6 portions
- 4oz carrots
- 4oz broccoli
- ½ of a red onion
- 3oz Witt’s Fennel Tarragon Green Beans
- 1lb Dried Short Pasta (rotini, penne, bowtie, etc.)
- 1TBS olive oil
- 1tspprepared mustard (or a heavy pinch of dry mustard)
- 2oz brine from Witt’s Fennel Tarragon Green Bean’s
- 1oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2oz vegetable oil
- A pinch of the herbs from the jar
- Begin by heating the water for the pasta, and work through the rest of the prep while it comes to temp, adding the oil and pasta when it does. If you may forget, set a timer for about 8-10 minutes to remind you to check the pasta for doneness.
- Slice the veggies into small bite sized pieces, and reserve the green beans. Place the others into a metal colander and place over the pasta water while it comes to a boil (alternately, you could steam or microwave them a bit). We’re just looking to soften them a bit before stirring everything together. Set the veggies aside for now.
- For the vinaigrette, add the mustard and brine to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Chop the herbs finely and add them. Then slowly add the oils, one at a time, to incorporate them. Alternately, you could make a large batch of this in a sealable plastic container or mason jar (I know you’ve got some) and just add the ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and add a tablespoon of the water to the vinaigrette. Then add it to the bowl with the veggies and drizzle with ¾ of the vinaigrette. Let that come to room temp, add the rest of the vinaigrette, and stir together.