Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Yield: 8 servings
- 16oz 80% lean ground beef
- 16oz ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 4oz Witt’s Sweet Cumin Onions
- 1TBS minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 2oz ketchup
- 1TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1TBS cider vinegar
- 1TBS Soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add the beef and pork to the bowl in heavy pinches, and add the egg.
- Mince the onions and add them to the bowl, along with the garlic, oregano, and spices.
- Mix the ingredients gently until well combined, being careful not to mash or overwork the mixture. Once mostly uniform, place the mixture into a plastic wrap lined loaf pan, then turn out onto a wire rack placed over a sheet pan to catch the drippings.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack of your oven while you prepare the glaze. Mix the ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, and Soy in a small bowl until smooth. Brush or spoon this over the meatloaf after 30 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 450 and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the glaze just begins to char and the center reaches 150F.