Witt's Ultimate Burger Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes (60 inactive) Cook time: 10-15 minutes Yield: 4 burgers
- 1 ¼ Lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 T Witt’s Pickles Dill Cucumber brine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp group paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Witt’s Pickles Dill Cucumbers
- White onions, sliced thin
- Romaine lettuce
- Cheese (optional)
- Burger buns or bread
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Add the egg, pickle brine, minced garlic, herbs, and spices; sprinkling them evenly over the beef and egg.
- Using your fingers (or a spatula), fold the egg andspices into the beef until just combined. Be careful not to overwork the meat, as it can result in grainy, mushy burgers.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the beef and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Form the seasoned meat into 4 even patties and cook on a very hot grill, grill pan, or skillet with just a enough oil to coat the bottom for 5-8 minutes on each side (depending on your preferred doneness). Be careful not to move them around while they cook, except to turn each of them once. If using cheese, add it in the last 2 minutes and loose cover the patties (or close the grill, if grilling).
- Build your burgers and top with Witt’s Dill Cucumber, and see why we stand by our assertion they we make “the best pickle you’ll ever put on a burger.”